26 May 2017

Once Upon a Dream

I dreamed of you on a Thursday, one May dawn. I was on duty, on a graveyard shift.


It's been quite a week, physically tiring aside from the meshed work and volunteerism, add to that my gym workouts,  I couldn't help but feel exhausted even though my shift has just started.

It must have been between 2 to 4 in the morning, with my forehead resting on my forearms on my desk. No clients barging in, thank goodness. A solid nap - of full REM. Out of my deep slumber, I suddenly but slowly lifted my head up, wiped the droplet of drool on the corner of my lips.At a half-awake state, and with a squinting eyes, I stared long and hard on the door. No client walking in, just my colleague walking about the office.

"What was I doing?", partly confused, I whispered to myself.

"Oh, yeah, nap.", with that I resume my position eyes sealed.

Then a vivid image flashed in front of my shut eyes. You, smiling at me.

No. You, laughing with me.

And like a black and white film projected on a blank canvass, I watched a rerun of my dream - of you in it and how come you're laughing heartily and I'm there casually conversing, smiling with you.

"Jas...", and as if a warm blanket gently pulled over me, I fell asleep before I could even utter your name in full.






PS:
I barely dream of you when we were together, compared to how much you say you dream of me. Even after parting ways, I only had a dream about you, but you were never in it yourself. I can't write in detail what exactly transpired in that dream, but I'm writing this down to remind me the feeling it gave me. "Like a long drive along the shore, in the cold of dawn, with the sun's rays barely breaking through the sky."

I'm okay. You're okay. I hope that we shall soon be okay.

4 comments:

Victor Saudad said...

Why the long face, @Simon?

Anonymous said...

Wala lang this seems sad

stevevhan said...

We are both from graveyard! haha, hope to read from you more!

citybuoy said...

I wanted to say something but I Wrote This For You already articulated these thoughts really well.

"Here is the start of the unpopular poem:

I don’t miss you anymore.

No one will get this tattooed on their arm.

No one will start crying when they read it.

It doesn’t feel like it at the time, but time takes everything away eventually. Even us.

I hope you have a good life and I hope you fall in love with good people."